You are a paramedic or work in the emergency medical service, and need advice on the best shoes for the job? We have tried to make your busy life easier with a shortlist of our top picks for the best EMS boots for you.
Our Picks of Best Ems Boots for Men and Women in 2018
*our rating is based on comfort, value and performance
Bates Men’s Ultra Lites 8 Inches Tactical Sport Side Zip Boot
These tactical boots are perfect for paramedics because they encompass all the features which we think are important for this type of boots, such as:
- They are ultra-lightweight and yet tough
- The rubber outsole is slip and oil resistant to keep you safely standing on your feet even in slippery emergency conditions
- The padded collar is comfortable and it features an easy to open and close Velcro strap, as well as an easy to slip on and off side zipper
- These work boots look professional and smart
These boots look good, weigh amazingly little and yet provide comfort and safety to the feet during the long and stressful shift with the ambulance. They allow a lot of movement and running without fatigue in the feet. They are high quality and durable work tactical boots which are great for paramedics.
View on Amazon
5.11 Men’s A.T.A.C. 6″ Side Zip Tactical Boot
These boots are another top pick for the best boots for emergency medical service personnel because of these features:
- They have a slip resistant and quiet outsole
- They look perfectly professional
- The polishable leather upper is combined with breathable and durable textile
- They have a moisture wicking and breathable lining to keep the feet dry and cool
- Superior performance and durability typical for ATAC tactical boots
- A special shock mitigation system of the midsole helps reduce and eliminate fatigue and foot soreness because it offers very efficient shock absorption and energy return
We can strongly recommend these tactical boots to all paramedics and other emergency personnel. They look professional and can be polished. They are very comfortable and provide excellent shock absorption and energy return. They are slip resistant and are breathable and will keep your feet dry.
View on Amazon
Danner WOMEN’s Acadia 8″ Boot
We chose these Danner boots for our list of the best shoes for EMS personnel mainly due to the following characteristics:
- The typical Danner strong stitch down Goodyear welt construction
- A slip resistant and durable Vibram outsole
- The durable and comfortable upper made of full grain leather and Denier Nylon
- The strong fiberglass shank for support
- They are professional looking and can be polished
These boots are great and very suitable for paramedics and other people who work in the emergency service, because they offer great and reliable traction. They are comfortable and provide sufficient support. The construction is durable, and the materials are excellent.
Check the WOMEN’s
Check the MEN’s
Magnum Men’s Response III 8.0 Side-Zip Slip Resistant Work Boot
These work boots impressed us with the following features, which make them suitable for people working in the emergency medical services:
- The durable, oil and slip resistant outsole
- The professional looking leather and nylon upper
- The comfortable cushioned collar
- The overall light weight of these boots
- The fiberglass shank
- The easy to slip on and off side zipper and the quick lacing tunnel loop system
These Magnum boots are perfect for paramedics, because they provide reliable traction in all kinds of emergency situations. They look professional and sharp. They are comfortable, cushion and very light weight, which will help reduce the fatigue and soreness in the feet and legs after a long shift at the EMS.
View on Amazon
Rocky Men’s 8 Inch 1st Med 911-113 Puncture Resistant Work Boot
We chose these Rocky work boots as one of the most suitable shoes for EMS personnel due to the following characteristics which impressed us:
- They are slip and puncture resistant, which is important because often the paramedics need to move fast on slippery and dangerous surfaces
- They are fully waterproof, which guarantees the feet will remain dry even during heavy rain
- They have a composite safety toe cap and are EH rated
- Their upper is made of high quality leather and features small reflective elements for safety reasons, and for night shift
- They have a non-metallic slipper for easy slipping on and off
- They look very nice
We love these boots, because they will keep your feet dry and safe at all times. They will reflect lights for your own safety when working in the dark. They are comfortable and durable too.
View on Amazon
Wolverine Drillbit Oil Rigger Wellington
These Red Wing pull on boots are very suitable for paramedics and other personnel of the emergency medical services. Here is what we liked the most about them:
- They have a durable Goodyear welt construction
- They have a non-marking, cross wire outsole which is slip, oil, gas and chemical resistant
- They have comfortable cushioned insoles which are removable
- The upper is made of durable Cordura leather
- They have a strong stability shank as well as a safety steel toe cap
- They are fully waterproof
These boots will help keep paramedics safe while on the job, due to the excellent traction and protection of the outsole. They will help the feet remain dry even when it is raining, and they provide excellent cushioning and comfort.
View on Amazon
Characteristics to look for
If you are looking for the most suitable emergency medical service boots on the market, don’t forget to keep the following features in mind:
- Chose shoes which are comfortable and fit best to your particular foot shape and size, because you need to feel comfortable while you are out there saving people’s lives!
- Think about buying work boots as a long-term investment and invest in boots which are more likely to last for longer
- Oil and slip resistance. Think about your own safety and get a pair of boots which offers reliable traction, so that you can move quickly and safely in all kinds of conditions.
- Professional look. You may want to buy more presentable, professional looking shoes for this type of job
- Easy to slip on and off. In case of an emergency, if you need to quickly put on your boots, you would want to stay away from lace up shoes, and stick to pull on shoes or shoes with zippers and Velcro straps.
- Since you are likely to be working in all kinds of weather and in all kinds of environments, getting boots which are waterproof is essential, so that your feet do not get soaked, and so that you are comfortable enough to continue doing your job.