Working as a plumber means working in wet and slippery conditions quite often, or on construction site, where it is full of building materials and debris from the construction work. Plus, plumbers work with rather big instruments and plumbing products which can slip and fall on their feet. These factors affect the type of work boots which are the most suitable for plumbers. We have picked our top choices for best work boots for plumbers.
Our picks: Top 6 Best Best work boots for plumbers in 2017
*our rating is based on comfort, value and performance
Wolverine Men’s W02053 Durashock Boot
We picked the Durashock boots from Wolverine because they seem to have all the features we were looking for when picking out the best boots for pipe fitters, including:
- They are slip resistant due to the double density polyurethane outsoles which have added rubber lugs plus chiseled edges for added traction
- They are fully waterproof
- The ultra-light and durable midsole which provides arch support and cushioning
- The added cushioning from the removable double density insole
- The steel toe cap which is ASTM rated for safety from impact and electrical hazard
- The durable and strong upper made of pigskin and nubuck leather
- The direct attached welt construction is a guarantee for their durability
So, these shoes are waterproof, slip-proof, have safety steel toes, and provide the ultimate comfort and support. They are durable, sturdy and will serve any plumber for a long time.
View on Amazon
SR Max Duluth Men’s Slip Resistant Waterproof Black 6 Inch Work Boot
Another top choice for work boots suitable for people in the plumbing business, these boots grabbed our attention with the following features:
- They have a strong, direct attached, waterproof construction and are fully water repellant
- The slip-resistant Sub-Zero outsole which is durable and provides reliable traction
- The uppers which are made of durable and high quality oil tanned, full-grain leather
- The moisture wicking lining which helps keep the feet cool and dry even after spending long hours in the boots
In conclusion, we must say that we think that these boots are perfect for pipe fitters, because they have all the necessary characteristics to keep your feet dry and your toes safe, and to keep you comfortable and safe from slipping and injuries.
View on Amazon
Georgia Men’s Giant Oblique Work Boot Steel Toe G6374
Another one of our top picks for the most suitable boots for plumbers, these Giant Oblique boots made it here without any doubts because of the following features:
- The strong and durable Goodyear welt construction
- The fact that their safety steel toe cap and electrical hazard resistance meet all national safety standards
- The comfortable cushioning and support provided by the EVA midsole and the covered insole
- The padded gusset for added support
- The bumper guard which is oil and abrasion resistant
- The high quality of the leather upper
All in all, we all can agree that these masculine looking boots are great for people in the plumbing business. They will keep your feet dry and comfortable at all times. They will provide you with protection for the toes, as well as against electrical hazards. They are made of high quality materials and with a durable construction.
View on Amazon
Timberland PRO Men’s Pitboss 6″ SteelToe Boot
The Pit Boss boots are another excellent option for work boots for plumbers, because of the following characteristics:
- A roomy toe box with strong steel cap protection
- The shock absorbing suspension system (Timberland Pro) for energy return, shock absorption and added comfort in the midsole
- The durable outsole which is slip, abrasion and oil resistant
- The padded collar for added comfort and support
- The removable sock liner with moisture wicking functions to keep the feet cool and dry and odor-free
- The high quality of the leather used for the uppers
They may not be fully waterproof, but these boots too can be very suitable for plumbers, because they provide very comfortable arch support, cushioning, shock absorption. They are also slip resistant and have reliable toe protection and are very durable.
View on Amazon
Caterpillar Men’s Revolver Pull-On ST Boot
The Caterpillar work boot which we find is very suitable for pipe fitters. This is due to the following facts:
- The outsole is made of a durable molded material which provides excellent traction, slip resistance and is also abrasion, fuel and lubricant resistant
- The triple leather layer reinforcement to the heel for added support
- The high quality leather upper and the 2 elastic sides which make slipping these shoes on and off quick and easy, and ensure a comfortable fit
- The midsole is light and provides very nice arch support, shock absorption, energy return and cushioning
True, they do not have safety toes, but these shoes are very comfortable, durable, slip resistant and supportive, so they are actually a great choice for plumbers if you do not work at a site where there are hazards of falling or rolling of heavy objects.
View on Amazon
We picked theses boots from KEEN to be part of our best work boots for plumbers list, because of the following reasons:
- 100% waterproof leather upper
- They are medium duty boots
- The rubber outsoles are slip, oil and electrical hazard resistant
- They feature steel asymmetric toe caps for a more comfortable fit and safety
- The added comfort and support of the double density EVA midsole
- The special moisture wicking technology of the lining for added comfort
- The breathable and waterproof membrane which keeps the feet cool and dry
These boots look great, and they are slip resistant, waterproof, they have steel safety toe caps and provide the ultimate cushioning, support and comfort. This makes them worthy of our top picks list.
View on Amazon
Characteristics to look for
When shopping for suitable work boots for plumbers, you should keep the following characteristics in mind:
- Like with any other boot or footwear, comfort should be a top priority when shopping for shoes. Buying uncomfortable shoes for work can turn your life into a living hell, so pay attention to this very important factor when shopping for work shoes.
- Safety toe cap. If you work with building and plumbing materials, pipes, instrument, etc. heavy things, there is always a danger of you dropping one of them on your toes. If such is the case, make sure you get yourself work boots which have ASTM rated steel toe safety. You may also want to get boots with electrical hazard resistance because water and electricity are not the best combination.
- Slip-resistance. In order to prevent getting injured while working on a leak or another slippery and wet surface, make sure you get work boots with reliable slip resistant outsoles.
- When picking the best shoes for pipe fitters, you should take into close consideration the fact, that the higher the quality of the boots, the longer you will most likely be using them. Having this in mind, think about investing a bit more but have better and more durable shoes for work – it will pay itself back.
Durability. The more durable the materials and the construction of the boots, the longer they will last. So, if you don’t want to keep buying new work boots, pick a reputable boot producer and buy from them.